Sunday, August 24, 2008

White People


I've been living in California for what? going on 20 years and I'm still not used to the fact that I'm white people. Sometimes La Guera. White people said one of Abe's cousins today. They only care about money. That's all. They care about nothing, man. Only money. I wanted to say, wait, not all white people! It's this country, this cut-throat capitalistic society that makes people that way. People here have no choice but to fight and hustle and struggle. And besides, not all white people are the same. There are Canadians and Swedes and Germans and... but it's no use. I'm a white person. If I were truly part of this big Mexican family that fell in our lap last month, I wouldn't have to worry about whether the women at the Silver Lake's Mom's Club like me. I wouldn't have to worry so much at all. Oh no.

No comments:

Post a Comment