Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Nonviolent Parenting


I’ve come across several parents lately that were quick to tell me that they practice nonviolent, nonharmful parenting. What an odd trend! Whatever happened to good old beating the living day lights out of your child and locking them in a broom closet without food for three days? Milan just loves his martini very dry and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I’ve also heard “playful” parenting. I personally think all playing should be utterly dry and void of laughter. We need a generation of depressed nihilists. America is just way too optimistic=Bush two times!! for my taste.

In all seriousness, though, maybe these people have violent tendencies they need to keep in check and maybe I should stay away from them? They might have a relapse any moment. Or maybe it’s just another of those annoying labels people like to slap on to feel good about themselves. Poor bastards. I, for one am one happy meat-eating, coffee-drinking, wine-guzzling, non-voting, backward-bending momma. No labels needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment