Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ven is de bebe calming?


It hasn't happened in a while but it happened today, at beautiful "Jons" in Glendale. I was getting hummus (what else would you get at Jons in Glendale) and the friendly counter lady smiled a big Armenian smile, pointed to my protruding gut and said. When is the baby coming? I paused for a moment and then lied, oh, I just had the baby. In a thick German accent. As if somehow having an accent made the situation less horrible. Cause people with accents are sort of, you know, soft fruit, a little half baked. Oh, boy or girl? she asked. Boy I hissed. Oh, God bless you, she said, God bless you and your baby. On a positive note, I got raspberries for $1.99 that elsewhere go for $4.99. And they have real Dutch cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment