Monday, September 29, 2008

Names and Mt. Washington

What do baby names and Mount Washington have in common? Something, I tell you. The hipper (darn it, I said it again) the boy's name, the bigger the chances that his parents will buy a home in Mt. Washington in the next 4 months.

I'm glad I didn't name Milan Parker. Or Bowie or Finn or Dexter or Joshua or Aidan or Jayden, Ashton, Hunt or Tyler. Or London, Dresden, Boston or Hudson. There are a few others I can't mention here. And no, I did not name Milan after Italy's fashion capital. I do like shopping and he is an international playah, but give me some credit.

I'll tell you what I will do. I will move to Mt. Washington and gentrify it some more. Out with the pupusas. In with the Chariot strollers and $3,000 Tibetan sheep rugs. I will hang an owl just so. And Milan will get a sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment