Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hostile Takeover


There are ants in my kitchen. There are ants on the floor where Milan ate a piece of bread. I tried reasoning with the ants when it was just one or two. I told them that there was nothing here for them, to go back and report that to their boss or queen or whatever. They were scout ants. But no, they kept coming back, sniffing around. I apologized before I killed them, saying that I didn't want to take their lives, but that I had to, because they would bring their friends and they would all move into my kitchen and build ant condos.
Their deaths were futile. I killed more, apologizing to the universe. To no avail. They have taken over.


add to this:


the plumbing broke again
my bathroom looks like it was hit by a shitstorm
Milan has a bloody diaper rash
And our account is overdrawn

Add this to the jammed door lock from last week (which cost me $200)
and the kaputt battery, and the replacement battery a week later when my car went dead around the corner from Fatima's house

and... the ants are all of a sudden the least of my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment