Monday, September 22, 2008

GOOP


Barf. I just stumbled upon Gwyneth Paltrow's new lifestyle website, goop.com, where she yacks on about how to create a good life. How clever. Such a nifty hipster name. Almost as cool as Apple. Platitudinous Paltrow offers this wisdom: "Make your life good. Invest in what's real. Cook a meal for someone you love. Pause before reacting. Clean out your space. Read something beautiful. Treat yourself to something. Go to a city you've never been to. Learn something new. Don't be lazy. Workout and stick with it. GOOP. Make it great." That last part, "GOOP. Make it great," is priceless. I can't stop gagging. And for moms: "I love being a mother who has to overcome my bad qualities to be a good mother. I love being in spaces that are clean and nice."
Go #$%@ yourself and your cheesy "alternative" husband, whose last album bombed so bad he has to advertise on TV, and move back to Kensington already---or Kenya.

2 comments:

  1. Just read an interview with Felicity Huffman who talked about the time she was asked, "Isn't motherhood the greatest thing in the world?" Her reply: "No." It is among the greatest, but it's all part of the big picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm off to checkout the website - your commentary has me intrigued!

    Joy from Facebook

    ReplyDelete