Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Amish People


At playgroup today, K. was saying: Oh, I would love to have a full-sized kitchen. With an island. And a full size refrigerator. And a full size freezer. Hell, I said, I'd love to have a full size house. Yes, said C., with full size things. Like chairs. And a table. That's when I realized we live like Amish people. Short of the horse and carriage in lieu of a car, we really make do with NOTHING. We have no cable TV (so I cannot watch Project Runway. Milan can't get hooked on Yo Gabba Gabba). We have no microwave. We have to coffeemaker. We have no dining table. Or chairs. How do Japanese people teach their kids about good table manners? How do Amish people freeze squash and peas and yams for baby? How do they make coffee? Well, they can all come over to our "house" and "learn."

No comments:

Post a Comment