Thursday, March 25, 2010

Drugstore Pushers


Drugstores like CVS and Rite Aid are funny places. I wonder who came up with the little compartments for lipsticks and polish, the ones that push the next product in line forward when you pull one out to look at it more closely. And then if you don't like it and try to push it back in, it's an almost impossible act. So the inventers---or marketing geniuses---figured, the potential buyer will go "oh, I cannot get this lip gloss back into its slot. I guess I'm STUCK with it and I need to now BUY it. Because if someone sees me trying to push it back in, and pushing the whole back row back, they'll think I'm putting back a USED product that is technically now MINE, simply because I pulled it OUT. So I just have to bite the bullet and buy it. Shit." Maybe that worked 20 years ago. These days, people just drop stuff on the floor or shelve it somewhere else, like in the diaper or hair accessories section. Too funny, these trickster marketing drugstore pushers!

No comments:

Post a Comment