Tuesday, July 14, 2009

So you want a piece of me?


I've got to stop picking up junk by the side of the road. Like yesterday on Verdugo, there was a water table sitting at the curb. I pulled up close to inspect it and there were two drunk hobos hanging out right next to it. They were eying me. Yet I pulled up and even, idiotically, rolled down my window so I could see the water table better. One of the foul bums came up and leaned into the car and said: What do you want from me? I said: Just looking at that toy. He said, reeking of tipple and never-laundered clothes and rats and sewage: Why don't you buy the baby something nice? Me: Uhm, I've got to roll up my window now. He: So you want a piece of me? Licking his lips. Me: Gotta go. Rolling up window now! He: Yeah, baby. I got something for you. Me: Excuse me, rolling up now. Window moves up, crushing his arms and elbows. Him cursing at me. Him finally letting go and stepping away from my car. Me speeding off. Nice work.

No comments:

Post a Comment