Monday, July 6, 2009

Cougars


I've been thinking about cougars. That's because I read my friend JT's blog entry about going out in Hollywood with her co-workers, to a bar with lots of cougars pouncing on their fresh 20-something souls. I don't think I've ever thought of women along those lines before. When I was in my 20s and went to bars, of course, there'd be "girls" in their 30s, and I did think they were sort of pathetic, especially the ones that looked really shriveled up and pruney and dressed like hookers, but I never applied the term cougar. I thought vaguely of Mrs. Robinson and maybe women in their 50s. Cougars, if they existed, were far removed from everyday life. But now all of a sudden they are everywhere and feminism has been kicked in the gut again.

No comments:

Post a Comment