Thursday, January 15, 2009

Res Ipsa Loquitur


I., who is Russian and from Great Britain, was very excited today when he told me that he discovered a cool radio station here. I knew right away which one he meant. Duh. Indie 103.1. At that point neither one of us knew of the terrible fact that today was Indie's last day on the airwaves. They didn't make it because they played too much good music, stuff like Gang of Four, Sonic Youth, Belle and Sebastian, all kinds of punk and new wave and true indie music like Amazing Baby and Darker My Love. But there are too many motherfuckers out there who prefer Beyonce and Kanye and Britney. 'Tis a sad day in American history. Another nail in the fucking coffin. Even an urban sprawl like LA is populated by idiots with horrible taste. I find it hard to believe that there are so few of us that we cannot even keep an alternative radio station alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment