Friday, June 12, 2009

Boyfriend Jean


I met my friend M. at Naya's Garden yesterday, and amid several bland Silver Lake pseudo hipster moms, there was one fresh face who had just arrived from France, and she was wearing a torn Levi's boyfriend jean. It made me ponder that I had braved every single denim trend since the early '80s, from acid washed stovepipes to huge Diesel flares in the early '90s to the True Religion, Seven Jeans, Citizens of Humanity, Paper Denim & Cloth madness of the 2000's until, well, I got fat and stopped. And the boyfriend jean came and almost went and I don't own a single pair. Sad.

3 comments:

  1. sad...HYSTERICAL!!!

    Love you P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Butterbaby... if you are reading this... kindly take down my name from your blog ASAP! You have put up a picture that is not me, using my full name and you have violated Google's terms of service for which you will be reported. Sincerely, Shiva Baum

    ReplyDelete